Department of Human Resource and Administration
Finance and Accounts Section:
- Preparation of Commission’s budget and submit to the relevant offices within the given period.
- Formulation and Development of a modern financial system
- Ensuring the utilization of Commission’s budget, assets and other resources complies with the rules and regulations
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statement and submitting to the relevant offices within the given period.
Human Resources and Administrative Section:
- Plan, oversee and execute the administrative tasks of the Commission
- Formulating and implementing the HR policy within the boundaries of the Employment law of Maldives
- Formulation of organizational structure and Job Descriptions and recruitment of staff
- Develop an effective Training Needs Assessment and obtain training opportunities based on the assessment
- Providing opportunities for the development and enhancement of the employees
- Formulation and implementation of Performance Appraisal
- Protecting the rights of the employees
- Managing the employees and available resources for efficient operation of the Commission
- Formulation and submitting the Annual Report to the relevant offices within the given period.
- Planning and conducting activities to create a friendly work environment
- Development of Commission’s Organogram
- Managing and operating all matters concerning employees.
- Organising and maintaining logistical matters related to the Commission
- Maintaining and updating the Commission’s Inventory
Department of Planning and Policy
International Relations Section:
- Establishing relations with like-minded international and regional organizations and broadcasters.
- Seeking training opportunities and aid from international sources
- Sourcing technical assistance and training opportunities to develop and enhance the broadcasting industry of Maldives.
- Working with international sources to seek consultancy services for further enhancement of the Commission as well as the broadcasting industry as a whole.
- Hosting conferences/ workshops/and seminars in Maldives in collaboration with international broadcasters and/or broadcast related organizations.
- Seeking opportunities to represent the Maldives Broadcasting Commission in international forums.
Policy, Planning and Projects Section:
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and managing projects of the Commission.
- Developing action plans to implement Commissions policies, preparation of guidelines and assisting legal section.
- To plan and implement upgrading projects to develop the Commission and prepare the proposals required.
- To set short term, midterm and long term goals to reach milestones of the Commission.
Strategic Development and Research Section:
- Formulation and implementation of Commission’s strategic plan
- Formulation of local broadcasters’ development plan based on Commission’s strategic and action plans
- Reviewing and implementing the policies concerning the development of broadcasters
- Research on the international best practices and assisting the Commission to reach the targets within Commission’s mandate
- Assisting the operational affairs in training of staff
- Planning and conducting research based on Commission’s requirements
Department of Legal Affairs, Monitoring and Licensing
Legal Affairs, Communication and PR Section:
- Legally representing the Commission’s interests.
- Providing legal advice to the Commission and defend the Commission’s resolutions in court.
- Formulating “code of practice “ for broadcasters
- Preparations of legal responses for matters the Commission is answerable to.
- Providing legal assistance to all Departments and in developing “process and procedures”, rules and regulations of the Commission.
- Studying the existing laws for any conflict in the Commission’s mandate and proposing appropriate remedial amendments.
- Planning and conduction of awareness programs related to Commission’s mandate.
- Preparing and updating contents to be posted on the Commission’s website
- Publicizing any information related to Commission’s operation, through media briefings, press releases or other means
- Planning and working towards improving the image of the Commission.
Complaints and Licensing Section:
- Developing and Implementing a Complaints Mechanism
- Adjudicating Complaints filed under this Mechanism
- Monitoring the broadcasting services for compliance with rules and regulations
- Monitoring the broadcasters for compliance with the ‘Code of Practice’
- Managing and operating the procedures undertaken for issuing broadcasting licenses
- Establishing a proper licensing policy
- Maintaining registration register of licensed broadcasters
Monitoring and Engineering Section:
- Managing the technological and IT related works of the Commission
- Advise the commission on matters related to broadcast technology and engineering
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to the broadcasters on the introduction of new technology
- Attending local and international broadcast fairs to gather information and familiarize with new technologies and trends in broadcasting.
- Establishing and managing technical issues of the Commission’s website.
- Introducing and utilizing office automation to increase efficiency of workplace.
- Formulation and implementation of a frequency plan and address the complaints on interference in collaboration with relevant authorities.
- Planning and coordination of Commission’s meetings and conferences
- Coordination and scheduling of the Commissioners’ appointment schedule
- Preparation of Commission meeting agenda according to the instructions from the Secretary General
- Preparing and documenting the minutes of meetings
- Performing the secretarial works of the Commissioners